The Air Force remains on track to transfer its nuclear bomber forces from Air Combat Command to Air Force Global Strike Command on Feb. 1. So said Lt. Gen. Frank Klotz, Air Force Global Strike Command boss, on Jan. 21 before the House Armed Services strategic forces subcommittee. Klotz told the lawmakers that AFGSC and ACC working groups have been meeting weekly, while biweekly video teleconferences have been occurring at the two-star general level, to hash out the details of the handover. And earlier this month, Klotz said Gen. Will Fraser, head of ACC, came to visit him at Barksdale AFB, La., and the two held “a final readiness review to make sure that we were ready to make this transfer.” AFGSC took control of the nations’ ICBM fleet from Air Force Space Command in December, and Klotz said the new command should be fully operational capable this summer.
USAF F-35 Squadrons at Lakenheath Near Full Readiness
April 5, 2025
The U.S. Air Force is poised to fill out its full complement of F-35 fighters and reach full operational capability with two squadrons at RAF Lakenheath in the United Kingdom this year, according to the head of the U.S. European Command.