USAF medical personnel are working long days in New York City hospitals, augmenting civilian staff who are overwhelmed by the new coronavirus outbreak in the American epicenter of COVID-19. As the scale of the outbreak grew, medical personnel from the Air Force and other services ...
The Pentagon will extend its stop movement order, currently set to expire May 11, and limit the exemption process to further address the spread of the new coronavirus, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said. Esper, who first ordered military personnel across to globe to limit movement ...
The likely continuation of the military’s stop movement order, and the related extension of deployments and pause in change of station moves, will require continued sacrifice but is necessary to protect the force from the new coronavirus outbreak, top military officials said. “We don’t want ...
In response to updated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance about the use of "cloth face coverings" under certain circumstances to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus, the Defense Department has instructed troops, civilian employees, contractors, military family members, and anyone else stepping ...
The new coronavirus is starting to have operational impacts in the Indo-Pacific, as the Navy sidelines a carrier that was previously underway. There were 280 current U.S. military cases of COVID-19 as of March 26—73 more than the previous day—and 600 cases total, including civilians, ...
The crisis caused by the new coronavirus outbreak could take months and weaken military readiness, though that drop is expected to be small, the top military leaders told service members in an online town hall March 24. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. ...
The Pentagon reported having 49 military personnel who have tested positive for the new coronavirus, as well as 19 dependents, 14 civilian employees, and seven contractors, as of 5 a.m. March 18. The total has risen from 37 confirmed cases as of March 16. Brig. ...
The Pentagon on March 17 reached into its strategic reserves to help respond to the new coronavirus outbreak, making available 5 million N95 respirator masks and 2,000 deployable ventilators. In addition, laboratories are available for COVID-19 testing as the Defense Department researches what other steps ...
The numbers of military personnel and dependents who have tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, continues to climb as the Defense Department plans its next steps to bolster the national response while protecting its own ranks. As of early March ...
Two attacks on U.S. and coalition forces at Camp Taji, about 20 miles north of Baghdad in Iraq, show tensions in the region continue to rise. A member of the Oklahoma Air National Guard and a U.S. soldier were killed in the March 11 rocket ...
The United States launched retaliatory strikes against five Iranian-backed Kataib Hezbollah weapons storage facilities across Iraq, following the March 11 attack on Camp Taji that killed two Americans and one soldier from the United Kingdom. "These strikes were defensive, proportional, and in direct response to ...
U.S. officials are blaming Iranian-backed militias for the March 11 rocket attack that killed three coalition service members in Iraq, including two Americans, and the Pentagon is looking at options for a response. Defense Secretary Mark Esper told reporters the militias responsible for the attack ...