According to an Oct. 22 Reuters report, Boeing and Northrop Grumman posed some 50 questions about the draft KC-X tanker request for proposals officially released Sept. 25 not just the nine to which USAF responded last week. Unnamed industry executives told Reuters the lack of a full response could signal the need for a second draft RFP before USAF could go final. In fact, one told the news service that DOD and USAF must now question whether their attempt to “bulletproof” the process has failed. Northrop and its supporters already have complained that the process is tainted because Boeing had access to its pricing data from the earlier competition. The Pentagon has maintained that the old data is not relevant to the new competition, but Reuters reported Oct. 23 that the Pentagon had asked but failed to convince Boeing to share its previous data.
Air Force Changes Rules for Pregnant Aircrew—Again
April 3, 2025
The Air Force is changing its policy for pregnant aircrew, generally reverting to rules set in 2019 that barred female aviators from flying during the first trimester—or from flying in aircraft with ejection seats at all—due to potential risks to the pilot and her unborn fetus.